We all have the same number of hours each week
- What’s your relationship with your 168 hours?
- What’s it costing you not to get to what is important to you?
- How can you use your personal strengths to get where you want to be?
- What’s getting in your way?
The clearer we are about what we want to achieve, the more likely we are to get there. Personal effectiveness expert, Stephen Covey, recommends beginning with the end in mind, “Begin each day, tasks, or project with a clear vision of your desired direction and destination.” The golden nugget here is to work smarter not harder.
Here are a few tips to improve your relationship with time in life and work:
- Set aside 20-30 minutes to plan the week ahead. Try Sunday evening or Monday morning.
- Divide large projects into smaller manageable tasks.
- Take a few moments each morning or evening to make a reasonable to-do list for the day.
- Prioritize the most important tasks for today; be realistic.
- Check off each item you complete.
- Do the important tasks first.
- Give yourself time to get quiet and centered each day. Even a few minutes can make a difference.
- Be kind, yet accountable to yourself to accomplish your priorities in a reasonable way.
When we set realistic priorities, clear goals, and keep our eyes on them, we can learn to use our time to move towards what’s important. Although there are no magic bullets for time management, choosing strategies that work for us can strengthen our abilities to meet time in a way that empowers us.
Hear From Ilene
How Can Coaching with Ilene Help You Call Yourself to Action?
Ilene Berns-Zare, PsyD is a life and leadership coach, psychologist, and educator. Ilene has dedicated much of her career to the personal and professional development and integrative well-being of others. As a life and leadership coach, psychologist, and educator, she inspires others to find fresh perspectives and access their full potential as creative, resourceful, whole persons. Find Ilene online and access free resources at http://ileneberns-zare.com.
Do you love Ilene’s blog? Please let us know!
“Why do I love your blog? It’s written in simple, understandable language that I can grasp as a non-native American. You concentrate all the best in the subject you want your reader to get. If I want, I can go deeper because you add the references at the end. You offer informative ideas and maybe of all of them, there might be a few I can use. I ignore the rest and I have a feeling it’s OK with you. This is not the newsletter I want to delete. Your blog talks to me.”
Discovery Coaching Consultation
During this FREE telephone consultation, we become acquainted, explain what coaching is, and mutually establish if we would be a good fit as a coaching team. We discuss your objectives, your current life circumstances, and obstacles you’ve been facing as you strive to reach your most important life goals. Click here to contact Ilene.
In light and empowerment,
Please share this blog with anyone who might be interested in reading it!
We would love to hear from you! We are interested in your suggestions for this newsletter, your reactions to this one, or providing more information about coaching.